Bahakel Communications has an immediate opening for an AM production shift supervisor/newscast director. This position will include directing and managing the technical
operations of WCCB News Rising, WOLO Good Morning Columbia, and the production staff. Normal shift hours are 4am – 12:30pm Monday through Friday, however this position will be required to fill-in for vacation relief or any other shifts necessary to meet the operational needs of Bahakel.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess strong leadership skills (continued training, motivate, supervise the AM production staff), excellent communication skills (serve as a liaison between operations management and news management), and attention to detail is required. At least 3 years of directing or related experience is mandatory.
- Supervise the morning production staff of 15 (daily scheduling, crew meetings, staffing).
- Direct 2-4 hours of LIVE newscasts per day (WCCB/WOLO).
- Communicate with the production manager and operation managers on a daily basis.
- Program, build and maintain switcher library and notes.
- Coordinate and work with the executive producers (News) to ensure proper planning and execution of future segments.
- Represent the production department in weekly morning news/planning meetings.
- Studio, Graphics, Audio operations as needed.
- Special project assist (Bahakel Digital/Remote Broadcasts) as needed.
- Vacation coverage as required due to staffing as needed.
Interested Applicants should send or email their resumes to (no phone calls please):
Holly Hamrick / Production Supervisor
One Television Place,
Charlotte, NC 28205