Bahakel Communications (WCCB Television) has an immediate opening for a production utility technician/studio manager. Two or more years (or related) experience in a studio environment is required (camera operation, prompter operation, floor managing experience, studio logistics). Experience in master control, graphics, audio, digital are all preferred.
Our ideal candidate will be a strong communicator, be able to work efficiently in fast-paced/high-stress situations, lead by example, and work in harmony with other WCCB departments (production/operations/news/digital/promotions) to plan and execute our goals.
All interested applicants MUST have reliable transportation and be available for communications while off normal work hours (for emergencies) This position will require some physically strenuous activities (ladders, moving heavy objects, etc) – therefore the ability to handle/move/lift items up to 50 pounds is necessary.
- Studio Manager (Studio camera, ENG camera, Prompter, Floor directing)
- Studio director for evening weekday newscasts (communicate with news talent, news producers and production directors)
- Manage, train, and develop/evaluate studio crew
- Maintain quality control over studio operations and equipment
- Execute weekly show reviews with crew
- Maintain our lighting fixtures and lighting grid
- Creating new camera blocking and lighting positions in the studios
- Utility (shift and vacation relief)
- Master control operations
- Graphics operations
- Audio operations
Secondary Duties include
- Assist Bahakel digital with content/production/editing
- Produce and ingest web content to our digital platforms
- Assist with LIVE or recorded remote broadcasts
- Assist with WCCB promotions department
Interested Applicants should send or email their resume (no phone calls please)
Holly Hamrick / Production Supervisor
One Television Place,
Charlotte, NC 28205