WCCB, The CW Affiliate in Charlotte, is looking for our next nightside news producer.
In this role, you will work alongside a team of producers on the daily production of our 10 p.m. newscast and WCCB News Edge at 11 p.m.
This position will work closely with the Assistant News Director, Assignment Desk, Reporters and Anchors on newscasts and content.
In this position you will determine the content and flow of newscasts, work with management and on-air staff to generate and write stories and produce content for our web site and social media sites.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Solid news judgment.
- Great writing skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple items and manage time to build an engaging and informative newscast.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and deadline driven environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- The ability to execute news strategies and goals in daily newscasts.
- Flexibility and on-the-spot problem solving abilities.
- Experience producing breaking news for broadcast, web and social.
- Must have at least two years previous experience as a producer in a commercial newsroom. Other relevant media experience will be considered.
- A journalism degree is preferred.
- Willingness to work nights, holidays and weekends as needed.
Send resume to:
WCCB Assistant News Director