CHARLOTTE, N.C. (News Release) — StarMed Healthcare is seeking children between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old to participate in the Moderna KidCOVE COVID-19 vaccine study. The testing is to study the vaccine’s safety and efficacy for children and prevent the spread of COVID-19 in young ages.
Study participants’ compensation for travel and time can range from $1,500 to $2,000 for similar studies. The study does include the possibility of receiving a placebo. Clinical research studies are conducted by doctors and researchers who follow strict guidelines to ensure the safety of the study volunteers who participate.
- Be between the ages of 6 months and 5 years old
- Be in good health
Participants must not:
- Have received an investigational or approved vaccine for COVID-19
- Be currently taking any investigational or approved treatments for COVID-19
- Have tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 within two weeks prior to vaccine administration
- Have participated in another COVID-19 trial in the past month
StarMed Healthcare has been involved in proving the safety and effectiveness of medications ranging from diabetes care to meningitis prevention to COVID-19 treatments. StarMed’s experienced research team helps participants feel confident in the safety and success of the trials.
Parents who are interested and want to register their child can do so at starmed.care/studies. Some commonly asked questions about clinical trials are here.