ROWAN CO., N.C. — Eligible households in Rowan County can apply for help covering the cost of heating their homes starting Wednesday, December 1st.
These eligible residents who can apply starting December 1st include anyone 60-years-old and or anyone who receives disability benefits and services through the NC Division of Aging and Adult Services.
Officials say all other households can apply from Monday, January 3rd through Thursday, March 31st, 2022.
The federally funded Low-Income Energy Assistance Program provides eligible households with a one-time payment to their heating vendor to offset the high cost of heating during the winter months.
Officials say depending on the household’s primary heating source, the payment will be between $300 to $500.
Those eligible must:
- Have at least one U.S. citizen or non-citizen who meets the eligibility criteria.
- Have income equal to or less than 130 percent of the federal poverty limit.
- Be responsible for their heating cost.
Rowan County households looking to apply for energy assistance can do so by the following methods:
- Go to E-Pass on the County website (www.rowancountync.gov/710) and pulling up the Energy application, print, fill out and mail or drop by the agency.
- Paper applications can be picked up in the lobby of the Rowan County Department of Social Services located at 1813 E Innes Street, Salisbury NC 28146.